Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Power of Pentecost

Wipf and Stock just sent me The Power of Pentecost: An Examination of Acts 2:17-21 by Martin C. Salter (published by Resource Publications, 2012).  What initially attracted me to the title was the pericope it investigates, namely the Joel 3 quotation in Acts 2 (this quotation will be under examination in my dissertation), but I found that the book had deeper implications.  I will discuss soon in a review of the book that while I was in Bristol I observed a type of identity crisis in the Church of England concerning charismatic gifts in a church that is not typically known as a charismatic denomination of the universal church.  Salter, a pastor in the UK, investigates in what was originally his MTh thesis, what Luke's narrative of Acts as narrative has to say on this issue.

Stay tuned, and thank you Wipf and Stock!

See review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment